Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wow, I'm really terrible at keeping up with this stuff...

Where do I even begin with this? It's been well over a year since my last post. I was just going to write in my journal, but it has come up missing, and I remembered that I had an online blog thing that I may as well put to use. In the time since I last wrote, a multitude of things have changed. I worked at Maximus for about a month before realizing what a joke of a company it was, and then I quit. I ended up not going to school. I was jobless from October until January of this year, when I started to work at Idaho Pizza Company. I worked there for about a month and then found a better job in the billing office at Body Renew Fitness and Tanning. My job was really simple, had great hours, and paid better than minimum wage, so I was happy there. I dealt with a bit of drama between myself and my all female coworkers in my time I was employed, but I got through it. Things started going downhill in the last few months, before the gym itself ended up closing overnight, leaving myself and the other girls suddenly without a job. I found a new job working for Jackson's in about a week's time, but didn't get nearly enough hours there, so, again, after a month, I left that job for my current place of employment, Domino's. I deliver pizzas. I really enjoy most aspects of delivery jobs. You mainly sit in your car, listen to some music, and (hopefully) get tipped for it. Yeah, I get paid less than minimum wage, and the hours are never the same week to week, but the work is easy, and I can honestly say that I really like the people I work with. Charlie and I are still living with his parents, unfortunately. Where we're working now, we wouldn't make enough money to be out on our own. That, and the fact that Charlie has so many bills to pay for like his car payment, etc, would make it nearly impossible for us to survive. For now, I'm dealing with it, although I really wish we could just live away from here. My dream is to live in either Washington or Oregon, but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future unless I miraculously score an awesome paying job there and somehow figure out a way to move ourselves and all our shit there. Meh. Besides all that, not much in life has changed. I've been lazy with anything that has to do with creativity, and I've been wanting to get back into writing and drawing so I at least feel like I'm staying true to myself, but it's hard. I lack the inspiration and motivation that used to come to me so easily. I miss being able to bust out a poem seemingly out of nowhere, or my cool anime girl doodles that were usually halfway decent. Now I just waste away looking at dumb crap on the internet. I've been tempted to delete my Facebook so I would eliminate at least one distraction, but I know I'd be back within a short amount of time, so that just seems like a dumb idea. Things here in Idaho are pretty boring. I don't really have any friends that I regularly hang out with (unless once every couple of months is considered 'regular'). It's just the same old crap, really. There aren't many people I'm fond of here, and there isn't a whole lot to do activity-wise. I'm just tired of it here. I wish I had a productive hobby that I was good at, but I'm too lazy and impatient to pick one up and keep up with it. Someday, hopefully, I'll be where I want to, and I can look back at this with a small amount of justified self-pity and just say to myself, "You made it, good job." It'll probably be awhile before that happens, though. Guess that's it for now, hopefully I can keep up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment